Sunday 8 July 2012

Revlon Mix & Mingle Lip Palettes & Ulta3 matte lipstick

I recently bought some more lip products for a BARGAIN @ Terry White Chemist and want to let you guys know about them before they're all gone!

Firstly, they had these Revlon Mix & Mingle Lip Palettes for A$2.99 a pop!  To be honest, I had never ever come across these before....so I thought "why not" and bought two of them - one in "260 R.S.V.Pink" and "270 Tango with Mango".

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

As you can see, each palette contains 3 different colours. The point of this "Mix & Match" Palette is to give you a palette of lip glosses which each colour can be used on its own, or you can "mix and mingle" the colours to create a "one-of-a-kind" lip colour to suit your lips!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

You can see that most the colours have a very sheer look so they're really easy blend with each other as compared to having a lot of really strong colours that bring out a weird dark colour when blended together!  The champagne colours in the 260 palette looks great on its own because it gives a tinge of gold to your lips! Pretty :)

The lip gloss itself is of a slightly thick texture, and is slightly sticky (like most lip glosses). I don't really like having lip gloss on my fingers so I prefer to use a lip brush instead!

The other bargain buy I want to introduce to you guys is the Ulta3 Matter Lipstick.

I had seen this brand previous in the Terry White chemists and some other pharmacies and thought "WOW.SO CHEAP."

The nail polishes are like $2 and the lipsticks are like $3-4!!!!! I thought to myself, 'there is no way something so cheap can be any good'. Typical shopping mentality.

But then, I had a closer look this time and saw that the range of colours in the lipsticks was just unbelievable! They have two types - Moisturising and Matte. I didn't have time to try the testers so I just grabbed a colour ("Harem Pink") which I thought "hmmm I don't really have this kind of colour in my lipstick collection" and bought it (since it was only $4, there was no hesitation involved).

The lipstick case is very simple - a black cap and a clear plastic base.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

The colour is a really bright pink...with a rosy tinge - kinda like a "brink pink" colour!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

and when I tried it on...

WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!

The colour came out so well and so matte! Usually when I try on matte lipsticks, the cracked on my lips become so defined... but with this lippy that didn't matter - you couldn't tell that my lips were chapped at all after application.

The staying power was also quite decent :) :)

For $4.....it actually was similar to a lot of the more expensive lipsticks I have (quite similar to the M.A.C lipsticks...which are like $30+)..!!

I am for sure going to go back and buy more colours...which I aren't in my collection of lipstick colours!! Hehe :)

So if you feel like "splurging" on some lipstick and buying lots of different colours of lipstick to vamp up your lippy collection, head to a Terry White Chemist and look for the Ulta3 stands!!  Seriously, for $3-4 you can buy 10 colours and it will only cost you $30-40...the price of one high-end lippy.

Click here to read more about the Ulta3 brand.

D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment