Tuesday 17 July 2012

Seafood buffet @ Four Points by Sheraton

My friends and I were lucky to grab a deal for the seafood buffet at the Corn Exchange Restaurant located inside the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel on Sussex St, Sydney.

The deal allowed us to have unlimited seafood (and lots of other yummy foods) for $35 each! Yum! We were so excited.

The Four Points by Sheraton is located at 161 Sussex Street, Sydney.  It's located at the part of Sussex St which is between King St and Market St so you can easily get there from Wynyard Station or Town Hall Station.

The Corn Exchange Restaurant is located right at the entrance of the hotel so you can see it as soon as you walk in.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

The restaurant was decent in size, with an outdoor patio area as well. The place had a mixed crowd - small and big families, couples, friends!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

There was a large selection of bread to start with - unfortunately the one I tried was slightly stale.....:(

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

The antipasto selection was great! I didn't really expect to see such a wide range at a buffet! As a sucker for salami and sun dried tomatoes, I stacked my plate with them hehe

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

The soup of the day was Pumpkin! It was quite nice and creamy.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

They also had a selection of hot food which I didn't actually try because I told myself I would try to fill my tummy up with mostly seafood!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

I did try the mashed potatoes though....it looked / smelt  soooooo good when I opened the lid...but then it was super salty ><!!! So salty that I had difficulty eating it...

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

The salad bar was decent as well.  They had sales like squid salad, baby potatoes, caesar, pasta salad and mixed greens.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

And now for the HIGHLIGHT!  The cold seafood selection!!!! The reason we came to the buffet!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

There are prawns, crabs, mussels, oysters, crayfish and smoked salmon.  The smoked salmon didn't look too fresh so I didn't eat any of it.

I also don't like oysters very much so I didn't have any either! But my friends thought they were quite nice.

I went nuts on the crab and the prawns!  They were quite delicious.  The crayfish was nice too but  it was slightly dry....The mussels were yummy too because they had been marinated in a sweet chilli type sauce.

Here is a selection of the things we ate:

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

And finally!

DESSERT!!!!! To be honest I was absolutely stuffed full of crabs and prawns (and maybe salami & sun dried tomatoes) so I didn't have any dessert......I kinda regret it now looking at the photos!! ><!

Apparently the creme brûlée is yum as....!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

They also have MOVENPICK ice-cream! My friends tried it and they thought it was slightly hard when they tried to scoop it out.  There was also a selection of toppings for the ice cream like white chocolate, coconut flakes and sprinkles.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

So at the end of it we were SOOOOO FULL that we went to Westfield Shopping Centre to shop but ended up sitting down because we were so full hehe

Will I go back? Hmmmm probably not at full price (which I think is $50pp). We expected the buffet to have sashimi and sushi but they didn't which was slightly disappointing for us! But I guess we can't complain for $35.

D xx

Corn Exchange on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment