Saturday 23 June 2012

Max Brenner Chocolate Bar, Castle Hill

I like chocolate full stop.

I like white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate :) yum yum. The best chocolates are from Belgium but alas, I'm in Sydney! oh well.

Notwithstanding the fact Belgian chocolate rocks, whenever I feel like a real chocolate fix in Sydney, I go to Max Brenner Chocolate Bar.  Luckily there is one pretty close to where I live - in the Piazza area of Castle Towers Shopping Centre.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

This place always seems to be super crowded whenever I'm there...which is usually on the weekend so I guess that's normal.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

One thing that bugs me about Max Brenner on weekends is that its packed with loud kids!! I have nothing against children but when they're being loud and running around everywhere it can really impair your experience. :(

Anyways, like all the other Max Brenners, this store is separated into the cafe area and the store area where you can buy some handmade chocolates, Max Brenner products like the hug mug and other chocolatey things.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

You can check out there products here.

We sat down right in front of the Max Brenner slogan - Enjoy to the MAX!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

My sister ordered a latte and I decided to me a little adventurous and ordered the white chocolate chai ($6)....had no idea what it would turn out like but decided to give it a go! It comes in a cool teapot!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

I looked at the teapot and thought...ummmm where is the spout?!! and then the chick who brought us the order asked us whether we knew how to use it. I shook my head and then she showed us how! It was super cool. Check it out:

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

You press the teapot down onto your cup and it comes out from the bottom of the teapot!! The only problem was that after you do that and put it down....it kinda drips (you can see on the bottom right corner). The chai was really yummy though...success!

We also ordered the berry-apple fondue ($18). It also comes with marshmallows and banana bread!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

Never really thought about dipping apples into chocolate before, but it was a great combination of crunch and velvet!

The banana bread could have been better though....it wasn't as fresh as I had expected. It was quite yummy nonetheless.

So if you're feeling like a chocolate fix, check out Max Brenner Chocolate Bar! Other items that I usually get from Max Brenner include the italian thick hot chocolate and the hot chocolate with the crunchy waffle balls! You can check out there menu here.

D xx

Max Brenner on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. twix chocolate price

    ReplyDelete