Saturday 2 June 2012

My favourite things #1 - bags

Hi everyone :)

Today I thought I would introduce you to some of my favourite things - because I think that if I like something so much, it would be a shame to not share it with everyone as well! (Only if I had enough money like Oprah to buy everyone all these things as well... !)

So today's post will focus on my favourite bags at the moment (because my fave bags always change depending on my mood and season!). I take different bags to work all the time, depending on what I'm wearing and depending on my mood :P A lady at work even asked me "how long does it take to change from one bag to another every morning?" Hehe the truth is, I already make up my mind the night before!

Anyways, here we go!

1. Ted Baker small ikon bag in navy with gold bow

The first bag is the newest addition to my bag collection - the Ted Baker Ikon bag in navy!!

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

Remember how a few posts ago (click here if you don't remember) I said I really wanted to buy this ikon bag with the gift card my friends gave me...so I did!

I initially wanted to buy the black one with the white bow but when I went this time, this navy one was there!! (it wasn't there before!!). Way nicer than the black one - so I got it. It's such a cute size, but big enough to take to work - I can put my iPad, iPhone, make-up bag and big wallet in there which is all I really need :)

It was $80 at the Ted Baker store in Westfield Sydney.  These are like GBP25 in the UK....so if you know someone that's in the UK or going there soon...get them to buy one for you! $80 is quite a rip if you compare it to how much the bag really is in the UK.

2. Saba Melrose tote in Blush

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

I first saw this bag in the window of the QVB Saba store while I was waiting for the bus and thought "Ooh la la! What a great size / colour!".  I also liked how simple and classic it looked as well....but then I saw the price tag and it was $349. HMMM so I contemplated a bit and then went onto my bus without checking out the store.

So the next time I was out shopping I decided to drop by Saba to just check the bag out and found out it was ON SALE for $279!!!  Bought it straight away :)

And I have to admit. I use this bag quite often as my work bag because you can fit sooooo much stuff in it!  And because it's a very neutral colour, it goes with whatever you wear :) Even the back of the bag is pretty, simple and classic on its own right :)

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

3. Couronne Stephanie medium bag in blue

Ok, so I really like my European brands like Prada, Ferragamo, Chanel, Bally etc. BUT I realised that there are also some great quality Korean luxury brands that are just as pretty, and just as durable as the European luxury houses.

One of them is MCM, which has released a lot of great bags lately (something different from their monogrammed bags) and the other is Couronne.

I have to say that I only stumbled upon Couronne when I was just browsing around korean websites / blogs and saw a blogger that had one of these Stephanie bags and it looked really lovely.  I did some research and found out that this bags was super popular amongst the korean celebrities and thus frequently SOLD OUT.

So last time I was in Korea I bought a medium sized one at the Airport Duty Free for around $450 - I got lucky because this one had come in that day because it had been sold out previously.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

They also have a larger size which I thought was quite big..and probably not as "cute" as the medium one :P

Couronne has very classic designs but the best thing about them is that they use AMAZING colours on their bags and they use good quality leather on their bags so you can just tell why it's so popular!

One great thing about the Stephanie design specifically is that you can fold in the edges to create a completely new look.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

They also have wallets in this range and they are super pretty too - I'm contemplating whether I should get myself a wallet too!

Check them out at www.couronne.co.kr :)

4. Love Moschino Home Sweet Home chain bag in red

I bought this bag when I was in Monza, which is a small Italian town not far from Milan.  I was waiting for my train to Lake Como and had a bit of time so I decided to have a look around the La Rinascente (which is an Italian department store) which was near the station.

While I was looking around....I saw the Love Moschino stand and just fell in love with the cute designs and stand out colours!  And especially this bag :)

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

The thing that real stood out about this bag was the detailed stitching of the windows on the bag which reminded me of Paris for some reason!

I also really liked the gold detailing on the back of the bag as well.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

This bag is quite similar in size and ergonomic design as the Chanel 2.55 but at a fraction of the price!  Can't remember exactly but I think I paid around EUR 150 for this.  It's a really cute bag for nights out - probably not so much for work :)

----

So that's it for now - hopefully I've introduced you guys to some different types of bags and also to new brands like Couronne!

D xx

2 comments:

  1. hello!i really love this bag from moschino....do you have any idea where can i find it?i tried on their website but they don't have the model anymore:(((.....While i was desperately looking for it on google i found your blog :) and i thought that i can ask...maybe i get lucky....tks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ oana I thought I'd replied when I saw your comment! :( I'm not sure where they sell these now...I bought it in 2010 which is already 4 years ago... :/ Perhaps try looking on eBay? Sorry I can't be of much help! xx

    ReplyDelete