Monday 11 June 2012

Outback Steakhouse, North Strathfield

Did you know that Outback Steakhouse is not Australian?

Yeah - high five if you didn't know that either :) lol

I only kinda realised when I saw that they had Outback Steakhouse restaurants in Korea and thought, surely that can't be an Aussie export? So a little bit of googling and found out it was American.

Anyways, so when I was a uni student, me and my friends would feel like steak but not be bothered to go all the way to the city so we used to go to Outback Steakhouse in North Strathfield.

And in my memory it was pretty easy to get a table there - we would sometimes rock up without a booking and be fine.

But this time when we rocked up....there was a 45min to 1 hour WAIT!!!! I was so surprised at how packed the restaurant was....ummm since when was Outback Steakhouse so popular? It was only like 6:30pm or something.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

Thank goodness we had called a few days earlier and were informed about this "priority seating" system where if you call in you get put on top of the waiting list for seating (they don't take bookings for less than 8 people).

So we ended up getting a table in 15-20mins, rather than 45 mins.  They do have a bar section where people can have a drink while they wait for their seats as well.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

The menu is pretty extensive but I was so set on getting a steak - so I chose the 225g Victoria's Fillet (although it wasn't as thick as it looked in the picture..!). I ordered medium rare, and it was cooked pretty decently so I was happy with the steak.

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

When you order a steak you have the option to choose between a soup (depends on what they have that day) or a salad and then one side.



shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

I chose the Pumpkin Soup and the jacket potato as my side (as you can see above).  The pumpkin soup was super yummy (cos I don't usually like pumpkin soup but this one was really creamy and good) but the jacket potato was a little bit bland....should've got the sweet potato....

My friends chose the salad and garlic mash.  The salad wasn't particularly great because you could tell it had been pre-made and in the fridge from the condensation on the side of the dish.

We also ordered Bushies to share - they're like KFC but mushrooms! It was quite yummy at the beginning but then they started getting soggy....

shesparkleseverywhere.wordpress.com

You can also get refills of soft drinks for free and they give you complimentary bread (freshly baked) for the table with this delicious whipped butter...MMMMM

From observation it seemed like the cheesy fries were quite popular that day because everyone was having one! I remember I had then before and they were quite yummy, along with the "Blooming Onion" which is like onion fried in the shape of a blooming flower.

Would I come back again? Most likely I'll end up coming back because it's convenient and not too pricey - although I really didn't like the music and the atmosphere that day...the music was too fast which made me feel like I had to eat faster? and it was so loud we had trouble hearing each other across the table. The service was pretty decent though - the waitress was pretty attentive so no dramas there! If you do end up going there I definitely suggest calling beforehand to get the priority seating and TRY THE CHEESY FRIES!

D xx

Outback Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

1 comment: