Saturday 5 May 2012

050512.

Happy Children's Day!

Today is "Children's Day" in Korea and although I am not a child anymore, I made myself an omelette for brunch to celebrate!

To be honest I've been kind of hooked on omelettes for a while - Vessel Cafe on Shelley St, King St Wharf has these great omelette wraps (I think the best one is the egg whites, spinach & mushroom) and Bezzinis in the American Express building has "make-your-own" omelettes where you can choose what you want (I usually pay $9.90 for mine).

So I tried to replicate the omelette at home - here are the ingredients I used:



I used this much of each with the 3 eggs:



And then, instead of using my gas stove, I used the grill! (that's because I saw Bezzinis using it ha!)



As you can see I slacked off a bit when beating the eggs...its hard!

Anyways, when the eggs are half-cooked put the ingredients on top:



Then fold the omelette in half to seal in the ingredients! then put it back into the grill and leave it there until nice and golden :)

And here is the finished product *drum roll*:


Funnily enough it tastes a bit like pizza - so perfect for those on a "low-carb" diet hehe :)  A quick, easy to make brunch!


Now that I've gotten you hungry - let's move onto some make-up!


Yesterday at work I received my second Revlon lipstick from Ebay - and I am once again loving the colour!




It was such a nice day outside so me and my cousin decided to go have some coffee. We wanted to go somewhere close so we went to our local coffee joint "Air Coffee" in Castle Hill.


Air Coffee has a very chilled out warehouse look and located in a quite random location - 1/10 Salisbury Rd, Castle Hill (near the RTA).




We ordered the prosciutto, apple, rocket & vine tomato sandwich ($9).




and we both ordered a mocha each ($4)! It was quite creamy and nice - the mugs were so cute too!



 Air Coffee is opened 7:30am - 4pm 7 days a week so if you live near the Hills, there's no need to go all the way to Surry Hills / Darlinghurst for a coffee outing (although I love the cafes there) - Air Coffee is just around the corner :)


And finally...another daily visit to Priceline. Rimmel are having a great deal where you can get 2 nail polishes for $10 AND also they have a special where if you spend $20 or more you get around $40 worth of Rimmel products!




I really love Rimmel 60 seconds nail polish because it actually dries in 60 seconds! And for me who puts many layers on top of another, I need the polish to dry ASAP because otherwise I get little bubbles forming which just looks so ewwwww.


And the Rimmel 2-in-1 mascara is also quite amazing because it actually lets you work on your VOLUME and also has a second section which lets you work on your LENGTH.  I'm hoping it will have the same effect as having DiorShow Black Out on top of the Diorshow Maximiser. We'll see :P


Toodles for today!


D.


AIR Coffee on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. love your blog x
    Ive nominated you for the versatile blogger award
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sarah :) you keep up the good work too - we need to promote the aussie blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete