Thursday 17 May 2012

Fashion Weekend outing!

Hi peeps!

For my sister's birthday I managed to get my hands on tickets to the "Fashion Weekend" (presented by SHOP til you drop) which was held at the Royal Hall of Industries in Moore Park! So we went to it on Sunday and so here is my spiel!

The ticket gave us access to the fashion show (featuring many high profile and up & coming Aussie designers) and also heaps of freebies and access to the VIP lounge :)

Basically the Hall was filled with stands of various Aussie designers with special discounts on their merchandise just for the Fashion Weekend.  Some of the designers included Ginger & Smart, Shakuhachi, bec & bridge, ksubi, camilla and marc, Shilla, White Suede, Kirrily Johnston, Little Joe Women, Nicola Finetti, Samantha Wills and the list goes on!

There was also a Napoleon Perdis stand with make-up sessions & a lash bar, a Sally Hansen nail salon and a Toni&Guy blowdry bar!

Here are some shots of the Hall from the VIP Lounge:





I have to say the best part was definitely the fashion show. We had a very good view of the models where we were sitting so it was a good way to see what the clothes looked like and also really good to see the actual fit of the clothes as well (although my figure is no way near as good as the models!)

bec & bridge





ginger & smart





Nicola Finetti





I really liked the Miss Unkon pieces - they were really girly and just so LOVELY!





LOVE this outfit!! Goes really well with the braided hair :)





Rachel Gilbert







Camilla - wasn't particularly my style..



Jets - cute, bold & sexy swimwear! must start exercising more to get myself ready for a bikini ;)





Kirrily Johnston



Talulah







Amazing how the models look so good in flat boots!!!!

So at the end of the day, I only ended up buying a Napoleon Perdis Make-up set because to be honest, it was quite difficult to try on the clothes because they had like one change room for each stand and the event was pretty packed!

Check at the different hues in this Make-Up Palette! It was only $15 (usually $39.95). 18 eyeshadows, 4 blushes and 4 lip glosses!



These are some of the freebies we got :)







Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to get our free manicure because all the spots had been booked out. I was a bit disappointed :( Oh well.

Will I go again next year? Probably not - I guess I didn't really like the whole warehouse feel of the event...thought it would be a bit more classier! I guess if they have other amazing designers next year which weren't include in this year's line up I might decide to go because some of the discounts on certain labels was just so great!! Especially because we were there on the last day, the discounts were even bigger! So only time will tell if I end up going next year :P

If you're interested, check out this year's website @ www.fashionweekend.com.au

D xx

p.s. You can post comments by pressing the red button which states "xx responses" or "comments" below :D

1 comment: