Monday 21 May 2012

Revlon Lip Butters and Cleansing oils!

Following on from my previous post on my Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, I have 6 more Lip Butter shades to introduce you to :)

They are (from left to right): Berry Smoothie / Cupcake / Creamsicle / Cherry Tart / Lollipop / Sweet Tart









These lippies are the perfect combination of a lipstick and a lip balm - they are very pigmented but also provide the moisturizing effect that many lipsticks fail to provide.

My favourite in this batch would have to be "Sweet Tart" because it such a fun, flirty pink colour ;) If you're looking for a more day-to-day colour - go for "Berry Smoothie".

I apologise for not having any lip pics - I'm not a big fan of taking pictures of my lips with lipstick on them to show how the lipstick looks on MY lips because they're going to look different depending on your natural lip shade and also the shape of your lips and the color of your skin!

So my suggestion is to drop into your nearest pharmacy or retailer that stocks Revlon and try these beauties out for yourself :)

I also recently received a Sulwhasoo Cleansing Oil from my bestie for my birthday - I tried it out at a friend's house who had this and it worked really well.



For those of you that have never heard of Sulwhasoo before, it is popular Korean skincare brand formulated with Korean medicinal herbs to "promote harmony and balance" in the skin. The products are usually very gentle on the skin, but work really well - especially for mature skin (my mum always uses Sulwhasoo products!). But that doesn't mean that its any less effective on younger skin - although you may be a bit adverse to the herbal smell of the products...

I currently also have the Shu Uemura Cleansing oil and the Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil.



The Shu Uemura cleansing oil is probably one of the more famous cleansing oils - and they come in lovely coloured bottles! *LIKE* I have the pink one, which is meant to be "fresh" and for acne-prone skin because it acts as mattifier. This has a more thinner texture when you apply it to your skin, but once you put water on it, it turns thicker!

The Innisfree Apple Juicy cleansing oil is probably on a lot of Korean girls' HG (holy grail) lists because its cheeps and effective. It also has this fresh, zesty apple scent which will leave you feeling happy just by smelling it! This has a thicker texture when you apply it, but then becomes thinner when you apply water on it.

So which one is the best? To be honest, I think all of them do the job very well :) the Innisfree cleansing oil is quite famous in Korea for being the best budget cleansing oil and we all know how popular the Shu Uemura one is (especially because it comes in different formulas for different skin)! The Sulwhasoo one is new to my radar and I have to say it works just as well as the other two!

I used to never use cleansing oil before because I was always afraid it would clog up my pores and give me pimples. But I after I started using them occasionally after nights out (so when my face was full of makeup) I realized that they actually work better than using cleansing wipes because the oil blends with the makeup to deeply penetrate the layers of makeup on your face that you can't see with your eyes (especially the foundation!)

So if you haven't tried using cleansing oils previously, you should look around for some samples to test out on your skin :)

Toodles!

D xx

-----

Revlon Lip Butters - A$21.95 RRP (around A$7-12 on eBay)

Shu Uemura Skin Purifier high performance balancing cleansing oil (450mL) - A$110 RRP (A$83 on cosme-de.com)

Innisfree Apple Juicy cleansing oil (150mL) - around A$10 RRP in Korea (around A$16-22 on eBay)

Sulwhasoo cleaning oil (200mL) - around A$25 RRP in Korea (around A$50-60 on eBay)

1 comment: