Friday 11 May 2012

110512.

Woooo another Gmarket delivery arrived!  This time I received the Hera Mist Cushion which I ordered like a week ago and it came with box of samples too :) Love unexpected surprises! (although in Korea samples are very common hehe)

For those of you who have not heard of Hera before, it's a really popular Korean cosmetics brand - in particular, their skincare products are very popular with women of all ages! Their packaging is quite stylish as well.



Anyways, so this Hera Mist Cushion is heralded as the new "it" foundation product that's like selling off Korean shelves like CRAZY.  I tried so hard to get my hands on one and finally I found one seller on Gmarket which had ONE C23 left in stock. Obviously I did not hesitate and bought it right there and then for a price around A$46 (incl. postage)!  And the best thing is....it comes with a refill as well :) What a bargain!



So what is the big fuss about this Mist Cushion? Well, it meant to have 5 "functions" in 1 - mist, foundation, sunscreen, whitening and cooling.  It's made of 30% "mineral clay water" so it's hydrating and at the same time, shown to reduce 2 degrees off your facial temperature! For someone who always gets hot flushes, this sounded super promising :) There are 3 types of Mist Cushions: Natural, Shimmer and Cover (Natural has 2 colours, N21 and N23, Shimmer has one, N22 and Cover has two, C21 and C23).  Although I'm pretty white here, in Korea I'm always shade 23 which is the darker shade.

The sponge applicator is a dark blue and looks / feels different to the usual sponges we see with our powder foundations.  This is because it has been specially made just for the Mist Cushion.



The most unique thing about the Mist Cushion is the actually texture of the product itself.  It's definitely not powder - you could say it was more of a mousse type product...but it's not really a mousse either!  When you put the product on using the puff it actually feel very soft and moist and also looks soft and moist - I was actually surprised at the amount of coverage it provided without showing the dry patches on my skin (because powders tend to do that!).



So what do I think of the Hera Mist Cushion so far?

Well, I could definitely see what the fuss in Korea was about - it's moist, it covers well and has 5 functions for the price of one! Definitely worth the purchase :)

And now for the samples :) As I've mention before, I love samples!  It's because my skin tends to be quite sensitive so some products make me breakout...so I always "try before I buy" if possible. The Hera Aquabolic line is aimed at those with normal to dry skin and is meant to hydrate your skin so that it looks moist, not dull and lifeless - especially during winter.



I also had the opportunity to sample the new Lindemans Sweet Seasons series at my local liquor store. The new range is a "light wine" range which is meant to be 25% lower in alcohol and in calories!! OOH LA LA, I heard my inner self say.  The one that caught my attention out of the three that I tried was the Blancello - it was light, refreshing and slightly sweet with a floral taste.



I'm really glad that they're coming up with these "light" wines which are lower in calorie because sometimes you want to be able to drink a whole bottle of wine without thinking about how many calories it has! (as alcohol = calories).

Anyways peeps, I'm off to sleep because I have to wake up early for a brekkie date with my workmates at 9am at the Hilton (meaning I have to wake up before 8....! Eeeek!)

Lots of exciting posts coming up so stay tuned! *wink* xx

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment